One question I am very often asked by my readers is the curly hair products they should be using. Though I review many products that I use right here or mention them frequently on my Instagram page, I know it can be very confusing because they are scattered here and there. So here’s a compilation post for my curly hair product suggestions in India. These are products that either I love or my readers love.
One really important point is that no matter what products you use, if your curly hair routine is wrong or you are making any of these mistakes, you will not see results. So make sure your hair routine is on point 🙂 – My curly hair routine.
(P.S – I’ve linked a video of my curly hair routine at the end of the post.)
Though there are many types of curly hair products, these are the main categories. Let’s begin!
Conditioners for curly hair in India
A good curl conditioner should be able to tame frizz, help in detangling and moisturize hair. Some prefer silicone free conditioners. Here’s a List of Silicone free conditioners in India. I love my silicones. These are some really good conditioners for curly hair in India:
Curl creams and Leave in conditioners for curly hair in India
A good curl cream should be able to moisturize hair and enhance curls. These are some really good curl creams in India:
(You can also use the deep conditioners mentioned below in small quantities as leave in curl creams.)
Here is a List of Silicone free hair styling products(leave ins,creams,gels) in India
Gels for curly hair in India
A good curl gel should be able to provide hold and minimize frizz without drying out your hair. These are some really good curl gels in India:
Deep conditioners/hair masks for curly hair in India
Deep conditioners should provide intense hydration. They can also be used in small quantities as leave in curl creams(for dry hair and thick and tight curls).
Shampoos for curly hair in India
If you have read this post – How to wash & condition curly hair, you would know that I am not at all particular about the shampoo that I use. Any decent shampoo will do the trick. I love my sulphates because they give bounce and volume. So I shampoo at least once a week. For other washes, I prefer co washing.
And there’s a big myth that a shampoo can make your curls look beautiful. I’ve had many readers ask me what shampoo they should use to get beautiful curls. The answer is – Any! Because shampoos only clean. Conditioners and creams are what determine the appearance of your curls, along with the right routine.
Anyhow, here’s a list of shampoos that I use (but you can use any):
- The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- Head and shoulders
- Pantene Lively Clean Shampoo – silicone free shampoo (perfect for clarifying for those of you who don’t use silicones)
- Fabindia Herbal Daily Use Shampoo – sulphate free, silicone free
- Jason Natural Dandruff Relief Shampoo – sulphate free, silicone free
Here’s a video of how my Curly Hair Routine
- These products may or may not be available easily in India. I usually buy my stuff off of amazon or through someone coming down from the US. The amazon link to buy the products are there in their respective reviews.
- The products are not numbered in the order that I like them – it’s just a random order
- I will keep updating this list as and when I try new products 🙂 If you have tried some product other than these and loved it, do leave your comments so that more curlies can benefit!
- The prices keep varying on amazon – so the tables may not be accurate always – do check before buying!
- If you are just starting on your journey, and all these products confuse you, check this – Beginner friendly products – Curly Hair Starter Kit