So here’s a big shoutout to all my lovely readers – I would love it if you can share photos of your curly hair’s before & after, how the blog has helped you and a paragraph about your routine and products. Send them to [email protected]
“My hair has been curly since birth, but the irony is that I didn’t know it was curly. I’d always thought my hair texture was frizzy, unmanageable, and doomed. I was doing all the curly hair mistakes and there was not a single person I’d known who was aware of how to manage curly hair. I’ve used so many hair products after watching the commercials (which shows as if the whole world has only one hair texture and it is straight hair which is perfectly sleek). I bought a hair straightening machine and I’m happy that I’ve never used it.
On one fine and fortunate day, I was searching for a shampoo that could control my frizz on quora and I stumbled upon these 2 blogs – Curlacious and Curls and beauty diary – and it’s happily ever after. I’m in love with my curls. I’m grateful to these 3 beauties – Anjana, Divya and Asha. You’ve done an amazing work by creating a blog for curly hair in India which serves as a guide to us. Thanks a ton.
This is my curly hair routine:
- Pre-poo with coconut oil and castor oil – Oils and curly hair – Benefits, types and ways to apply
- Shampoo – Bodyshop Ginger shampoo (sulfate)/ Giovanni root 66 (sulfate free)/ Bon Organics shampoo (sulfate free)
- Conditioner – Enliven raspberry (which is always out of stock and I miss it) or L’oreal smooth intense
- Leave-in – Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner or Enliven raspberry conditioner. I’ve used Cantu leave-in conditioning repair cream, but, I hate it. It’s in my shelves untouched. I don’t use gels. But, I’ve tried flaxseed gel which was quite good.
- I scrunch my hair using a t-shirt and I apply few drops of avocado oil or argan oil.
- Then I plop for 15 minutes.
- I let it air dry overnight ( I use a satin pillow case).
- I wash my hair once or twice a week. I don’t co-wash.
- I refresh my curls using a spray bottle by mixing water, conditioner and oil.
Thank you so much Anjana for helping me and all the other girls out there. To all the ladies, curls has it’s own mind and it’s wild. Embrace your curls and keep loving it. Cheers to curls !!”