So here’s a big shoutout to all my lovely readers – I would love it if you can share photos of your curly hair’s before & after, how the blog has helped you and a paragraph about your routine and products. Send them to [email protected]
“I was known as ‘the girl with the bushy hair’ for most of my life. I used to comb my hair, hoping that one day my hair would become straight, silky and shiny, like they show in the shampoo ads. There was a point in my life when I would wash my hair with body soap as everything else had failed.
I didn’t know I had curly hair until I found this blog. I read her entire blog in 2-3 days, realising that I was doing everything wrong. Thanks to all the product reviews, techniques for applying various products, I finally found my CG routine. My curly hair routine is as follows.
- Pre-poo – I pre poo with a mix of coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil. I leave it for around an hour before shampoo.
- Shampoo – I use Khadi neem and aloe vera shampoo once in four days.
- Conditioner – I use a mix of two conditioners; the L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Conditioner and Enliven Conditioner. I cannot live without the Loreal conditioner! I leave the conditioner in for around 10 minutes before rinsing 70% of it out. I use the enliven conditioner as leave in.
- Styling gel – Enliven gel (olive) is my absolute favourite! It gives me good hold for at least 3-4 days!! After applying the gel, I scrunch with a cotton tee and let it air dry.
- Deep conditioner – Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Hydrating Masque is my HG product. I deep condition around once a week. I leave this masque in my hair for 45 minutes to an hour after shampoo, then rinse it off and style as normal.
That’s all it takes to get amazing curls!! A little bit of patience is all you need! Let’s turn some heads, curlies! ”